campZero is a pioneering, luxury active resort, designed to offer a new approach to hospitality.
Situated between the main gondola and the funicular at Frachey, the hotel features an indoor, 25 metre swimming pool, climbing wall and delightful health spa and will appeal in particular to families who can stay in the two storey ‘pods’ which give the property a unique look amongst the more traditional surrounding hotels.
Evening meals are not included in our prices for this property (although breakfasts and lunches are still included in the quoted price). There are 2 evening restaurants in the hotel itself (pay locally) and there are lots of good restaurants close by – our resort team will be happy to recommend eateries to suit your budget. You can then make use of the Ski 2 Night Bus for transfers to and from these restaurants. This on-demand service operates until midnight 7 days a week.
There are 30 almost identical Suites, all of which have 2 levels. The Suite door from the corridor is on the lower level, with a bathroom (most with walk-in shower) immediately as you enter. There is a downstairs area with sofas (which convert in to beds) and TV, together with floor to ceiling picture window, most of which open out on to a small terrace or garden area. An open staircase leads to the bedroom area, with a fixed double bed and en-suite bathroom (with walk-in shower), TV and floor to ceiling picture window.
Unfortunately the maximum number of people allowed in the larger Suites is 4 including children and infants.
The plan below shows an example of one of the Suites (this one would sleep up to 3 people):
Please note: None of the Suites can accommodate 5 people and none of them inter-connect with each other (although we can request adjacent rooms).
Bedrooms inspired by elements of ancient Val d’Aostan tradition
- 10 Suites to accommodate up to 4 people – a fixed double bed on the upper level, with 2 x singles on the lower level. These have 2 bathrooms – both with shower.
- 10 Suites to accommodate up to 3 people – a fixed double bed on the upper level and a fixed double sofa bed downstairs. The sofa bed opens to make a double bed 160 wide x 190cm long . These have 2 bathrooms.
- 10 Suites to accommodate up to 2 people – a fixed double bed on the upper level and a living room downstairs. It is not possible to add extra beds to these Suites.
All of the Suites to sleep 2 or 3 people have 2 bathrooms – 10 of them have a bathroom with shower on the lower level and a second bathroom on the upper level with a bath and the other 20 have a shower in both of the two bathrooms. Please ask at the time of booking if you would prefer to have a bath in your room.
Those requiring a twin bedded room for 2 people would use the double bed on the upper level for one person (with their own bathroom) and the sofa bed on the lower level for the second person (again, with their own bathroom).
Cuisine at Camp Zero
The hotel has 2 restaurants at which you can choose to dine – the Cliff Hanger, at which our clients have breakfast and the Summit, an a-la-carte, fine dining restaurant. Evening meals are payable locally.
Wellness at Camp Zero
The internal climbing wall – a one-of-a-kind architectural structure
The hotel have a ‘resident’ climbing instructor Rudy who runs lessons on demand – these can be booked and paid for locally. Experienced climbers can use the rock climbing room without an instructor using their own equipment (ropes provided locally to borrow free of charge).
The climbing wall in the hotel offers a choice of 35 indoor routes ranging from level 3 to level 8 in difficulty.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with all the very latest news on this hotel.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
See where Camp Zero is located in Champoluc.
- Distance from main lift:
5 mins by Ski 2 on-demand minibus, or a 10 minute stroll (all ski equipment is issued and stored at the base of the main gondola)
- Distance from Frachey lift:
5 mins by Ski 2 on-demand minibus
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift:
yes. On-demand from Ski 2
In its own grounds with views up and down the valley
- Distance from main lift:
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Bedroom Details
- Total number of bedrooms: 30
- Number of single bedded rooms: All rooms available for sole occupancy
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 10 rooms have 1 double on the upper level and no beds on the lower level
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 10 rooms have 1 double on the upper level and 1 double sofa bed (160 x 190cm) on the lower level
- Number of four bedded rooms: 10 rooms have 1 double on the upper level and 2 singles on the lower level
- Number of five bedded rooms: None
- Number of six bedded rooms: None
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 30
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- Bed sizes: Double suites: Super King-Size Beds – 180 x 200cm / Family suites: King-Size Beds – 160 x 200cm
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: Yes
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Duvets provided
- Towels provided: Yes
- Bathrobes provided: Yes
- Facilities for Children & Families
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cost of a baby cot: Included for children aged under 2
- Baby bath available for infants: Available on loan from our resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Baby sitting service: Available through our resort staff – ask in resort for details
- Play equipment: Some board games in the lounge
- Dining Arrangements
- Buffet breakfast included in our prices, generally with hot options, taken in the Cliff Hanger restaurant
- Evening meals available in 2 restaurants in the hotel – pay locally. Or take advantage of the many local restaurants which we have help recommend and book for you.
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: Free WiFi in all public areas of the hotel and in bedrooms.
- Sauna: Yes
- Jacuzzi: Yes
- Other health facilities available: Massages and other treatments available on request
- Swimming pool: Yes
- Garden: Extensive gardens around the hotel