As the name might suggest, the hotel has been styled around owners Guido and Marina’s love of music and they fully expect their guests to share this with them – each of the 12 bedrooms are named and themed after a different legendary singer or band. From Elvis Presley to Janis Joplin, all the rooms feature unique décor where a carved wooden bed-head in the shape of a Cadillac with indicators as your bedside lights is a taste of what you can expect from the Hotel California.
If you love live music and an energetic atmosphere, the hotel bar comes alive at the weekends where Champoluc’s residents enjoy the bar. It can be much quieter during the week, but you’ll be kept entertained by the cowboy saloon styling and bar games including the pool table and darts. You can also watch music videos and sport on the big screen TV. The hotel is currently operating a karaoke evening every Thursday.
Evening meals (which aren’t included in our prices, but can be booked and paid for locally) are taken on the mezzanine level above the bar, or in one of the numerous local village restaurants. Our resort team are on hand throughout your stay to recommend good local eateries to suit your budget and our on-demand resort minibus service is available 7 evenings a week until midnight to transport you to and from your chosen restaurant. Breakfast (included in your holiday price) is certainly a quieter affair, taken in the lounge downstairs.
Located at the edge of the village, it’s not too far from the slopes or restaurants of Champoluc. An easy 10 minute stroll takes you to our ski deposit (where all your ski equipment, including ski boots, is stored), or you can call the ‘on-demand’ Ski 2 minibus to transport you to the centre of the village.
- The Doors – shower
- Grateful Dead – shower
- Sandy Denny – bath
- John Denver (this room can accommodate 3 people) – bath
- Elvis Presley – shower
- Janis Joplin – shower
- Marshall Tucker – shower
- CSN&Young – shower
- Joan Baiz – shower
- Bob Dylan – shower
- Birds (this room can accommodate 3 people) – bath
- Gram Parsons – bath
Ski 2 Top Tip: the towels can be on the thin side so bring your own if you like a thicker thread.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
See where Hotel California is located in Champoluc.
- Distance from main lift: 9 minutes on foot
- Distance from Frachey lift: 15 minutes on foot
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: Not provided by the hotel, but the Ski minibus service is available on request
- Situation: Outskirts of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 12
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 10
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 2 (“Birds” & “John Denver”)
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 4 with hand-held shower
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 8
- Internet connection in bedrooms: No
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes – News 24
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: No, but on request
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: No
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes – rather thin ones!
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: No
- Cost of a baby cot: Included for children aged under 2
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold buffet breakfasts included in the holiday cost
- Evening meals: Not included in the holiday cost.
- Salad bar: No
- Early tea for children: No
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: WiFi available in the reception and bar areas of the hotel
- Sauna: No
- Jacuzzi: No
- Other health facilities available: None
- Garden: Yes
- Quietest rooms: Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, John Denver, Bob Dylan, Gram Parson.
- Lively bar with live music on occasional nights.