Situated in the heart of Champoluc, Hotel Castor is just 6 minutes from the main ski lifts, and has wonderful views across the square and mountain range, with some of the 32 bedroom balconies looking down the Ayas Valley. All the bedrooms are spacious and comfortable, with lots of creature comforts. Take a warm bath at the end of the day and relax before dinner in a dressing gown and soft slippers.
Enjoy a varied menu including sumptuous desserts and an extensive wine list in the Larchwood-lined walls of the restaurant which also features decorative ceilings and wood sculptures by local artists. The bar, based in one of the more historic parts of the hotel, is one of the most popular in the village and has lots to offer, including legendary music nights.
For those with children Hotel Castor is a delight. Herman and Beatrice have three young children of their own, so families are well catered for, as well as individuals and groups. There is a playroom below the bar and a garden with plenty of equipment. Parents often savour the chance to keep an eye on the kids from a sunny terrace, enjoying a beer or crisp glass of wine.
Bedrooms are furnished in a traditional alpine style with wooden furniture. All rooms have en-suite bathroom, many with baths. Some have balconies with pleasant views across the square and down the Ayas Valley. Two rooms (which have recently been renovated) interconnect with each other, perfect for those travelling with young children.
The hotel has a large, bright dining room where a good and varied menu (with choices at most courses) is served. The menu includes a selection of homemade desserts. An extensive wine list includes both local wines and wines from around the world.
The bar at the hotel (open to non-residents) is one of the most popular in the village and Hotel Castor ‘music nights’ are legendary!
Hotel Location / Resort Map
See where Hotel Castor is located in Champoluc.
- Distance from main lift: 6 minutes on foot
- Distance from Frachey lift: 20 minutes on foot
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: Only when public bus service doesn’t operate
- Situation: Centre of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 32
- Number of single bedded rooms: 4
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 16
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 9
- Number of four bedded rooms: 3
- Number of five bedded rooms: None
- Number of six bedded rooms:None
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: No
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 26 – often with showers over
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 6
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes for clients with laptops
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: No (safe available at the Reception)
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Service
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: On request
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: Yes, two rooms – call for details
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Play equipment: Games in the bar and play equipment in the garden, plus playroom below the bar.
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Hot buffet
- Evening meals: Antipasto, 3 choices for first & second course, salad bar plus cheese and homemade dessert buffet. 1930 to 2100 hours.
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Yes at 1800 hours – on request (please pre-book with our UK office)
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: Available at reception and WiFi in all bedrooms
- Sauna: No
- Jacuzzi: No
- Other health facilities available: None
- Swimming pool: No
- Garden: Play equipment – swing, slide, roundabout and playhouse for younger guests in garden