Managed by Franco and Daniela, nothing is too much trouble and they’ll even whizz you to one of the nearby ski lifts in the morning so you don’t have to walk (or, of course, you can make use of the free, on-demand Ski 2 minibus service which operates 7 days a week between 0800 hours and midnight!).
The food at Hotel Le Campagnol is excellent, with many guests raving about the traditional cuisine cooked by Franco – authentically Italian and with choices for children, the attention to detail means that this really is a gem of a 2* hotel.
In a quiet position, the hotel has traditional and simply furnished bedrooms that are all en-suite and there are some family/inter-connecting rooms available.
The bar is cosy and bright, where you can sit in the sunshine and enjoy a steaming cup of coffee or a glass of Aosta valley wine while you look out of the large panoramic windows.
The hotel is situated an easy walk to our ski deposit (where all ski equipment is issues and stored overnight) and the bottom of the main ski lift, you can walk along the lit cross-country ski track which runs through the woods to the end of the main street.
The walk between your hotel and the deposit is done in your comfortable shoes, which are then stored in our ski deposit during the day. There is a free, on-demand Ski 2 minibus service operating between 0800 and midnight, 7 days a week for those who would prefer not to walk between the hotel and our ski deposit.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
See where Hotel Le Campagnol is located in Champoluc.
- Distance from main lift: 10/12 minutes on foot
- Distance from Frachey lift: 15 minute walk
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: No
- Situation: Outskirts of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 17
- Number of single bedded rooms: 5
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 9
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 3
- Number of four bedded rooms: Some triple bedrooms will accommodate extra bed
- Number of five bedded rooms: 1 of the family rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children
- Number of six bedded rooms: None
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: None
- Single room supplement: For pricing please contact the Ski 2 Team for a personalised quotation.
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 12
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: 3
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 2
- Internet connection in bedrooms: No
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: No
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: No
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: No
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: Yes- twin / double interconnecting, with twin / double (plus extra bed if required). Call us for details.
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold Buffet
- Evening meals: Antipasta, 2 choices for first & second course, and then dessert
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: On request
- High chairs available in dining room: No
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: No
- Sauna: No
- Jacuzzi: No
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: None
- Garden: Yes
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team