Although the Hotel Le Rocher is a little out of the centre of Champoluc, it offers the best in convenience. Free private car parking for guests, an on-demand Ski 2 minibus shuttle buses to the Ski 2 ski deposit or, if you do want to walk to the centre, it’s only 9 minutes on a flat path that is lit at night.
When you’re back from a day’s skiing, head to the hotel’s wellness centre to enjoy some pampering – whether that’s easing aching muscles in the Jacuzzi or curling up with a good book in an armchair beside the fire.
The warm welcome at Hotel Le Rocher is matched by its excellent cuisine. The chefs prepare a daily buffet of antipasti and vegetables, followed by traditional Italian cuisine, served in the bright and stylish dining room. Afterwards enjoy a glass of wine from the local Aosta Valley in the bar and chat with friends, family and fellow skiers in front of a glowing fire.
The 23 en-suite rooms are all spacious and comfortable, mixing alpine charm with a few mod cons. If you need more space or just want to splash out, there are two suites, one that caters for up to five people and has beautiful garden views and a hydro-massage bath.
Its 23 comfortable and tastefully decorated bedrooms all have en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, safe, mini bar and direct dial telephone. A number of the rooms are more spacious and suitable for families or couples requiring more space.
Family room on a single level – accommodates up to 4 people. 1 x double bed and 2 x single beds.
Two room Suite on a single level – accommodates up to 5 people. 1 x double bed in bedroom and sitting room with 2 / 3 single beds. This Suite has 2 bathrooms, one of which has a Jacuzzi bath.
Two room Suite on a single level – accommodates up to 4 people. 1 x double bed (can be made in to a twin) in bedroom and sitting room with a double (cannot be split) sofa bed. Jacuzzi bath.
Rooms 204 – 206
There are also 3 rooms (204, 205 and 206) with a mezzanine level. Each will accommodate up to 3 people. 1 x double bed on the ground floor and 1 x single bed on the mezzanine.
All of the Suites to sleep 2 or 3 people have 2 bathrooms – 10 of them have a bathroom with shower on the lower level and a second bathroom on the upper level with a bath and the other 20 have a shower in both of the two bathrooms. Please ask at the time of booking if you would prefer to have a bath in your room.
There is an attractive reception area leading through to a lounge area with open fire and bar, adjoining a smaller TV lounge. Breakfast and dinner are taken in the airy dining room with floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides.
The basement of the hotel houses a Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath for exclusive use of hotel guests. Youngsters using these facilities must be accompanied by an adult.
You never carry ski equipment anywhere in Champoluc – all equipment is issued and stored in our ski deposit at the bottom of the main gondola and the piste back in to the village centre. The walk between your hotel and the deposit is done in your comfortable shoes, which are then stored in our ski deposit during the day. There is an on-demand minibus service operating between 0800 and midnight, 7 days a week for those who would prefer not to walk between the hotel and our ski deposit.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
See where Hotel Le Rocher is located in Champoluc.
- Distance from main lift: 9 minutes on foot
- Distance from Frachey lift: 15 minutes on foot
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: Yes, provided by hotel
- Situation: Outskirts of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 23
- Number of single bedded rooms: None
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 15
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 5
- Number of four bedded rooms: 1 plus, 1 Suite (see above)
- Number of five bedded rooms: 1 suite (see above)
- Number of six bedded rooms: None
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: 3 rooms to accommodate 3 people each – see above
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 2 suites with whirlpool baths
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 21
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Limited
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: Bathrobes and slipper provided in all rooms
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cost of a baby cot: Included for children aged under 2
- Baby bath available for infants: Available on loan from our resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold buffet, plus bacon and eggs!
- Evening meals: Al la Carte dining with lots of choices at all courses. 1930 to 2100 hours.
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Yes at 1830 hours
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- WiFi in bar area and in all bedrooms
- Sauna: Yes
- Jacuzzi: Yes
- Relaxation area next to sauna and jacuzzi
- Swimming pool: No
- Garden: Grassed area around hotel
- Other details: Two rooms adapted for those with mobility issues
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team