This popular hotel is situated nine minutes from the main lift and ski deposit, along a cross-country track that is lit at night. There are 20 rooms in total, all furnished in a traditional style with en-suite bathrooms. There are also mezzanine rooms (including some for up to 6 people) that are great for families, although this hotel will appeal to anyone looking for a true, authentic Italian hotel experience.
Following in the footsteps of their grandfather Ernesto, Ines and Ubaldo Fosson built the Hotel Petit Tournalin in 1996. More recently the hotel has been managed by their daughters Emanuela and Alessandra continuing the more than 50 years that this family have been involved in running hotels.
The hotel boasts plenty of cosy corners to sit, sip hot drinks and enjoy some time to read, watch TV or catch-up with fellow skiers. In the atmospheric dining rooms, with stone and wood walls covered in antique tools, there’s a chance to discover local ‘valdostano’ cooking. There are mouth watering but simple dishes like ‘la zuppa di Ayas’ (Ayas soup) and ‘polenta concia’ (polenta with melted butter and Fontina cheese).
Hotel Petit Tournalin is perfect for enjoying après ski activities – pamper yourself in the spa, play bowls or relax in a deck chair, enjoying the re-invigorating scent of pine from the surrounding woodland.
Situated just next to the Hotel California and Hotel Le Rocher in a clearing in the pine trees is the traditional Hotel Petit Tournalin, an attractive chalet-style building.
Perfect for those looking for a peaceful location, with just a pleasant nine minute walk along the cross-country ski track (lit at night) to our ski deposit and the bottom of the main lift.
All ski equipment is issued and stored at the bottom of the main lift, so there is never a requirement to carry skis and boots to and from Champoluc village centre.
The spacious bar and dining room, with large windows to enjoy the views, are situated on the ground floor with lift and stairs up to the bedrooms on the first and second floors.
The hotel has a spa area available to hotel guests at a charge of Euros 10 per person. Open after 1600 hours each day; children are welcome in the spa when accompanied by an adult.
The hotel has a variety of bedrooms including some with mezzanine floors suitable for families (including rooms for 6 people). All have en-suite bathrooms. All are comfortably furnished in a traditional style.
The hotel has recently converted their 2 ground floor bedrooms in to Junior Suites which inter-connect with each other. There is a small nightly supplement for these rooms.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 8 minute walk / 900 metres
- Distance from Frachey lift: 15 minute walk
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: No
- Situation: Outskirts of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 20
- Number of single bedded rooms: None
- Number of twin / double bedded rooms: 10
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 1
- Number of four bedded rooms: 7
- Number of five bedded rooms: None
- Number of six bedded rooms: 1
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: 9 rooms, all perfect for families. Call for details.
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 20
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: BBC World Service only
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold Buffet
- Evening meals: Antipasto, 3 choices for second course, and usually choice for dessert
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Yes at 1830 hours. On request, when you arrive
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- WiFi is now available free of charge throughout the hotel
- Sauna: Yes
- Jacuzzi: Yes
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: Relaxing area / spa. Please note that there is a charge of Euros 6 per person to use the spa facilities which are open between 1530 and 1900 hours each day.
- Garden: No
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team