This popular hotel is situated nine minutes from the main lift and ski deposit, along a cross-country track that is lit at night. There are 20 rooms in total, all furnished in a traditional style with en-suite bathrooms. There are also mezzanine rooms (including some for up to 6 people) that are great for families and there are also rooms adapted for guests with mobility issues.
There are plenty of cosy corners to sit, sip hot drinks and enjoy some time to read, watch TV or catch-up with fellow skiers. In the atmospheric dining rooms, with stone and wood walls covered in antique tools, discover local ‘valdostano’ cooking. There are mouth watering but simple dishes like ‘la zuppa di Ayas’ (Ayas soup) and ‘polenta concia’ (polenta with melted butter and Fontina cheese).
Hotel Petit Tournalin is perfect for enjoying après ski activities – pamper yourself in the spa, play bowls or relax in a deck chair, enjoying the re-invigorating scent of pine from the surrounding woodland.
Situated just next to the Hotel California and Hotel Le Rocher in a clearing in the pine trees is the traditional Hotel Petit Tournalin, an attractive chalet-style building.
Perfect for those looking for a peaceful location, with just a pleasant nine minute walk along the cross-country ski track (lit at night) to our ski deposit and the bottom of the main lift.
All ski equipment is issued and stored at the bottom of the main lift, so there is never a requirement to carry skis and boots to and from Champoluc village centre.
The spacious bar (recently redecorated) and dining room, with large windows to enjoy the views, are situated on the ground floor with lift and stairs up to the bedrooms on the first and second floors.
The hotel has a recently renovated spa area available to hotel guests at a charge of Euros 6 per person. Open between 1530 and 1900 hours each day, children are welcome in the spa when accompanied by an adult.
The hotel has a variety of bedrooms including some with mezzanine floors suitable for families (including rooms for 6 people). All have en-suite bathrooms. All are comfortably furnished in a traditional style.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 8 minute walk / 900 metres
- Distance from Frachey lift: 15 minute walk
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: No
- Situation: Outskirts of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 20
- Number of single bedded rooms: None
- Number of twin / double bedded rooms: 10
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 1
- Number of four bedded rooms: 7
- Number of five bedded rooms: None
- Number of six bedded rooms: 1
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: 9 rooms, all perfect for families. Call for details.
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 20
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: BBC World Service only
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold Buffet
- Evening meals: Antipasto, 3 choices for second course, and usually choice for dessert
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Yes at 1830 hours. On request, when you arrive
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- WiFi is now available free of charge throughout the hotel
- Sauna: Yes
- Jacuzzi: Yes
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: Relaxing area / spa. Please note that there is a charge of Euros 6 per person to use the spa facilities which are open between 1530 and 1900 hours each day.
- Garden: No