A centrally positioned 4* hotel just off the main square in Champoluc, the Hotel Relais des Glaciers was constructed about 18 years ago and quickly became one of our most popular hotels.
The Hotel Relais des Glaciers offers a very good standard of accommodation, complemented by an extensive health complex, one of the best in the resort, which includes a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and a Turkish bath. Unfortunately the health facilities are only available to those aged 16 and over.
There is also a large outdoor hot tub in the grounds with views up the Ayas Valley. The hot tub can be used by adults from 1000 to 2000 hours. Children younger than 16 can use the pool between 1000 and 1730 hours, but only when accompanied by an adult.
Please note that this property now only offers bed and breakfast accommodation for the winter, other than the last 2 weeks of the season (28th March 2020 to 12th April inclusive) when evening meals are included in our prices. See below for more details.
All of the 40 bedrooms have good sized en-suite bathrooms, TV and safe.
Mezzanine rooms vary in layout and size – some of these have the double bed on the lower level and the others have the double bed on the upper level. The beds for children may be of the type that fold up during the day to give more space in the room. Some of these rooms have balcony and two of the rooms have a bath, with shower over. The others have a walk-in shower. Please note that the hotel will not normally guarantee which of the rooms they will allocate until arrival, but we can accept requests at the time of booking.
The attractive spacious lounge area with sofas, comfortable chairs and a log fire is a popular meeting place for hotel guests before and after dinner.
Cold buffet breakfasts (cheese and cold meat, yoghurts, cereals and a selection of bread and pastries, plus choice of hot and cold drinks) are included and are taken in the attractive wood-paneled dining room.
From December 2019, the Hotel Relais des Glaciers will be offered on a bed and breakfast, for all but the last 2 weeks of next winter (28th March to 11th April 2020 inclusive). The hotel’s restaurant will be closed in the evenings for the majority of the season. They will be offering a ‘snack bar menu’ – a copy of which is available from our UK office – in the evenings, but no other meal options will be available.
There are lots of good restaurants close by to the hotel and our resort team will be happy to recommend and book eateries to suit your budget. You can then make use of the Ski 2 Night Bus for transfers to and from these restaurants. This operates until midnight, 7 days a week.
Access to the spa is free of charge to hotel residents aged 16 or over. Treatments are available locally at an additional charge – click here.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 7 minutes on foot
- Distance from Frachey lift: 25 minutes on foot
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: No. Guests can call the Ski 2 office for a minibus transfer to our ski deposit, if required.
- Situation: Centre of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 40
- Number of single bedded rooms: 2
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 23
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 12
- Number of four bedded rooms: 5
- Number of five bedded rooms: 0
- Number of six bedded rooms: 0
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: 5 of the 4 bedded rooms have a mezzanine level / Double beds at this property are all King Sized – 183 x 203 cms
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 21
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: 0
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 42
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes – Sky (Euros 10 to be paid to watch football matches & some films)
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: Yes
- linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Duvets provided
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: Yes
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cost of a baby cot: Included for children aged under 2
- Baby bath available for infants: Available on loan from our resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: Some board games in the lounge
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold buffet
- Evening meals: only available on very limited dates (see above)Antipasto, 3 choices for first course, second course & dessert. 1930 to 2100 hours.
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Only available at Easter – see above
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- Free WiFi in all public areas of the hotel and in bedrooms.
- Jacuzzi – Large outdoor hot tub / Jacuzzi – please note that children aged 16 and under can use this facility between 1000 and 1730 hours, but only when accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Other health facilities available: Massages available on request
- Swimming pool: No
- Garden: Yes
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team