Hotel Villa Anna Maria started life as a family home on the site of an old farm, where Grandma Anna Maria used to make and sell sweets to shopkeepers before they began to rent out rooms. Today the hotel still has a homely atmosphere and feel and is often featured in popular hotel guides by Alistair Sawday, who focuses on creative and unique accommodation.
The hotel is on a steep drive but only a short walk to the ski deposit and main lift. Its position also gives lovely sweeping views of the Ayas Valley.
All the bedrooms retain traditional wooden features but with en-suite bathrooms. There are also some larger rooms for families and some with balconies.
Villa Anna Maria also has a wooden outdoor hot tub – perfect for post ski relaxation.
The hotel’s restaurant offers lovely regional dishes and it’s all served in a cosy dining room with red and white check curtains, adding to the family feel that runs through Hotel Villa Anna Maria.
Run by one of the ski instructors from the local ski school, Jean-Noel, his sister Annalisa and world speed ski champions Simone and Ivan, you are assured of a warm Champoluc welcome.
For more details about Simone and Ivan’s attempts to be the world’s fastest brothers on skis, click here!
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 5 minute walk
- Distance from Frachey lift: 20 minute walk
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: No
- Situation: Centre of Champoluc Village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 13
- Total number of single bedded rooms: 1
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 10
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 3
- Number of four bedded rooms: None
- Number of five bedded rooms: None
- Number of six bedded rooms: None
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: None
- Single room supplement: For pricing please contact the Ski 2 Team for a personalised quotation.
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: 2
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 11
- Internet connection in bedrooms: No
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: No
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: No
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: 1
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold Buffet
- Evening meals: Antipasto, 2 choices for first & second course, cheese or fruit or dessert
- Salad bar for evening meals: No
- Early tea for children: No
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: Yes Wi-Fi in reception
- Sauna: No
- Jacuzzi: No
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: None
- Garden: Yes
- Other Details: Access to the hotel is up a steep drive which those with limited mobility might find a challenge.
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team