Recently renovated, the four apartments are a welcome addition to the village, as self-catering accommodation is limited. Petit Abri Apartments are a mountain home-from-home and is perfect for large groups and families with each apartment reflecting the comfort and style of the sister hotel, with traditional wooden features and cosy furnishings.
You have everything needed for a busy family ski holiday – including undercover parking, satellite TV and a washing machine. All apartments are across two floors and each bedroom has an accompanying bathroom, either en-suite or separate. Two apartments, Daisy and Rose, have double and twin beds and can sleep up to 6. The third apartment, Celeste, sleeps up to 5 and the largest, Blanche, can sleep up to 9.
Each apartment comes equipped with a kitchen corner, complete with a hob unit and microwave, giving the chance to create some basic homemade meals using local produce – excellent cuts of meat from the butcher, a sweet treat for dessert and lots of wines and cheeses. There is a also a dishwasher and washing machine in each apartment.
With Petit Abri Apartments you have the beauty of choice – you can go fully self-catered or half board with breakfast and dinner from the hotel. Guests can also enjoy the spa facilities – the perfect way to wind down before returning to watch the sunset from the apartment terrace.
Champoluc self-catering Apartment 1 (Daisy)
Apartment on 2 floors. First floor entrance opening into living room with kitchen corner (this has a microwave and 4 ring electric hob, but no oven). Stairs to second floor. Bedroom 1 with double bed and private bathroom. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and en-suite bathroom. Sleeps 4 (or 6 using double sofa bed in living room). 60 square metres.
Champoluc self-catering Apartment 2 (Rose)
Apartment across 2 floors. First floor entrance opening into living room with kitchen corner. Stairs to second floor. Bedroom 1 with double bed and private bathroom. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and en-suite bathroom. Sleeps 4 (or 6 using double sofa bed in living room). 58 square metres.
Champoluc self-catering Apartment 3 (Celeste)
Apartment across 2 floors. Ground floor entrance opening into living room with kitchen corner. Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite bathroom. Stairs down to lower floor. Bedroom 2 with 1 single bed and private bathroom. Sleeps 3 (or 5 using double sofa bed in living room). 60 square metres.
Champoluc self-catering Apartment 4 (Blanche)
Apartment across 2 floors. Ground floor entrance opening into large living room with kitchen corner. Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Separate bathroom. Stairs down to lower floor. Large Bedroom 3 with double bed (this room could accommodate an extra single bed) and en-suite bathroom. Sleeps 6 + 1 (or 8 + 1 using double sofa bed in living room). 76 square metres.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 15 minute walk
- Distance from Frachey lift: N/A
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: The property itself doesn’t operate a minibus service, but you can always call the Ski 2 office for a transfer to the Ski 2 ski deposit each morning, or enjoy the pleasant stroll up to the bottom of the gondola where all your ski equipment (skis and boots) are stored each night.
- Situation: 5 minutes from the main square in Champoluc village
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): See each apartment description
- Internet connection in apartments: No
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Not currently – please call 01962 713330 for more details
- Hairdryers in each apartment: Yes
- Safe deposit in each apartment: Yes
- Minibar (local charge) in each apartment: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: No
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- Evening meals: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- Salad bar for evening meals: N/A
- Early tea for children: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- High chairs available in dining room: On request at time of booking
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: No
- Sauna: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- Jacuzzi: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: Available at the Hotel Petit Abri opposite – pay locally
- Garden: No
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team