The pleasant 12 minute walk between the hotel and the Ski 2 ski deposit allows you to browse the shops on the way to the lifts in the morning; picking up a sweet-treat from the patisserie or splurging on a new ski jacket.
For those who would prefer not to walk, a quick call to the Ski 2 office will summon the Ski 2 minibus for a short lift to our ski deposit in the centre of the village!
Furnished in a traditional style, Petit Abri’s 10 bedrooms and detached Suite all have en-suite bathrooms and many rooms have stunning snowscape views with mountainous backdrops.
Public areas of the hotel are a mix of exposed stone and pine, mixing bright furnishings with cosy colours leaving you ready to relax and enjoy a drink at the bar before, or after dinner.
The spa area is in a separate building adjacent to the hotel includes a Jacuzzi bath, sauna, steam room and a relaxation zone with herbal teas. There is a local charge for the use of these facilities – see below. Treatments are available on request and payable locally.
Above the spa on the first floor is a Suite which is ideal for families and contains a small kitchenette and dining table, double sofa bed and balcony. The Suite has a separate double bedroom (which can’t be separated into 2 singles) with en-suite bathroom just down the corridor, but you’ll need to head outside and back into the hotel for breakfast and dinner each day.
The hotel also has 2 sets of interconnecting rooms at the end of a corridor. Two separate rooms can be shut off to create a family unit by closing a door across the corridor. Please call for details.
The hotel also has 4 comfortable and spacious self-catering apartments adjacent to the hotel – click here for more details.
You never carry ski equipment anywhere in Champoluc – all equipment is issued and stored in our ski deposit at the bottom of the main gondola and the piste back in to the village centre. The walk between your hotel and the deposit is done in your comfortable shoes, which are then stored in our ski deposit during the day. There is an on-demand minibus service operating between 0800 and midnight, 7 days a week for those who would prefer not to walk between the hotel and our ski deposit.
- Hotel Location / Resort Map
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of bedrooms: 10
- Number of single bedded rooms: None, although double bedded rooms are available at a supplement
- Number of twin or double bedded rooms: 5
- Number of triple bedded rooms: 2, plus 2 double rooms that could accommodate a child’s bed or cot
- Number of five bedded rooms: See details of Suite above
- Number of six bedded rooms: None
- Larger rooms with a mezzanine level: None
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of rooms with full sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with half sized bath: None
- Number of rooms with shower (no bath): 10
- Internet connection in bedrooms: Yes
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: Yes
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: Yes
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: Yes
- Tea and coffee making facilities: Yes
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Sheets/blankets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: Yes – two sets of inter-connecting rooms – 1 x twin and 1 x double
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- Play equipment: No
- Dining Arrangements
- Breakfast: Cold Buffet
- Evening meals: Yes – traditional 3 course dinner with 2 choices
- Salad bar for evening meals: Yes
- Early tea for children: Yes at 1800 hours – request at time of booking please
- High chairs available in dining room: Yes
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: Yes
- Sauna: Yes. Local charge for use of spa facilities. The 2019 / 2020 cost is Euros 15 per person (for a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 4 for each entry) for one hour of use.
- Jacuzzi: Yes
- Swimming pool: No
- Garden: Yes
The past 18 months have been traumatic for many of us, affecting most parts of our lives and causing much distress and anxiety for many. The travel industry has been just one business sector that has been hit extremely hard by the Covid pandemic and with continued uncertainty over free and unrestricted travel to Europe this coming winter (likely to be the third successive season affected), we have, with a heavy heart, decided that there just isn’t a future for Ski 2.
Clearly, after 22 years of trading and tens of thousands of happy clients, this decision has been incredibly hard to make. The reality however looking forward is that the nature of our business model with the extremely high running costs, together with ongoing uncertainty over Coronavirus, challenges providing the required financial guarantees to our insurance company to comply with the Package Tour Regulations and the complications of employing UK staff abroad in a post-Brexit world, has left us with no other option than to close the business for good.
We know that many will be as heart-broken as we are about this news. So many of you have become great friends and many have watched our own children grow up spending time in the Alps. Every single client has been an integral part of our amazing adventure and it is with great pride and fondness that we will remember the wonderful times that we have spent with you all. The loyalty and support of so many of our clients for so many years has been incredible and helped build such a strong and respected brand. It’s no-one’s fault that we can't keep going for another 20 years, but it is now time to bid farewell to the amazing entity that was Ski 2!
We should have now refunded any monies that we were holding on your behalf, but if you do have any queries regarding this, please do let us know.
We do hope that many of you will still choose to return to Champoluc and to Les Gets and Morzine to help support our suppliers who have also been such a big part of our journey for the past 2 decades. They can all be contacted directly via their own websites.
Thank you and our very best wishes for the future.
Roger, Simon and our incredible team