The hamlet is at the head of Ayas Valley and provides the best setting for those that truly want to self-cater and have the freedom to explore the wider surrounding area. The original building dates back to 1922 and Residence Bettaforca was opened as a ski residence in 2004.
There are 37 apartments in the building, sleeping between 2 and 8 people, each with a bathroom and TV. One of the best features at the residence is the fully-fitted kitchen allowing you to buy local produce and make some hearty homemade meals.
St Jacques provides well, given its size, with a few good restaurants, another hotel with a bar and a couple of small shops. For a treat, order a meal from Petit Coq in Champoluc and they’ll deliver fresh and authentic dishes straight to your door or we can provide transfers into Champoluc both for skiing in the day and eating in the evening if you want to take a trip out.
Within Residence Bettaforca you can chat in communal areas or watch TV in the lounge. If all that skiing isn’t enough, there is a small well-equipped gym and if skiing is enough, then the sauna and Jacuzzi provide some much-needed relaxation.
The property is a 2 minute drive from the bottom of the Frachey chair lift, one of the two lifts that rise from Champoluc to the ski area. The area accessed immediately at the top of the Frachey lift is better suited to intermediate and advanced skiers. Please note that all ski lessons with the Ski 2 ski school start from the Crest at the top of the gondola from the centre of Champoluc village. We do not currently have a ski deposit facility at the bottom of the Frachey lift.
Transfers between the Bettaforca and the bottom of the main lift in Champoluc will be provided by Ski 2 staff each morning and afternoon.
Hotel Location / Resort Map
- Distance from main lift: 8 mins by minibus or coach transfer
- Distance from Frachey lift: 2 mins by minibus or coach transfer
- Minibus service to bottom of main lift: Yes, provided by Ski 2
- Situation: Hamlet of St. Jacques
Check-in & Check-out times
- Usual earliest check-in time: After 2pm
- Usual latest check-out time: Before 11am
- Total number of Apartments: 37
- Number of single Apartments: 8
- Number of twin or double bedded Apartments: 8
- Number of triple bedded Apartments: 8
- Number of four bedded Apartments: 10
- Number of five bedded Apartments: 1
- Number of six bedded Apartments: 10
- Larger Apartments with a mezzanine level: The apartments on the 1st floor
- Single room supplement: For pricing please contact the Ski 2 Team for a personalised quotation.
- Bedroom Facilities
- Number of Apartments with full sized bath: None
- Number of Apartments with half sized bath: None
- Number of Apartments with shower (no bath): All
- Internet connection in bedrooms: No
- Satellite TV in bedrooms: Yes
- English Channels on TV in bedrooms: Yes
- Hairdryers in bedrooms: No, but on request at reception
- Safe deposit in bedrooms: No, but available at reception
- Minibar (local charge) in bedrooms: No
- Linen & Towel Services
- Beds with duvets or sheets/blankets: Duvets
- Towels provided: Yes
- Dressing gowns provided: No
- Ski 2 Family Friendly Rating
- Inter-connecting rooms: None
- Cot (for children under 2 years)
- Baby bath available from Ski 2 resort staff
- Baby listening service: No
- Babysitting available through Ski 2 resort staff
- General Hotel Facilities
- Internet connection in common areas: Yes at reception
- Sauna: Yes
- Jacuzzi: No
- Swimming pool: No
- Other health facilities available: Gym (Free)
- Garden: Yes
- Other details:: Washing machine and clothes drier in main building (payable locally)